Farm Aid is teaming up with Dollars & Sense magazine on an exciting special issue on farming and agriculture--addressing many of the current challenges facing farm communities (and all of us who eat!) in the United States and across the world.
The issue will come out in March and will be available for free, in electronic form, to Farm Aid supporters.
Dollars & Sense is dedicated to covering political and economic issues in a way that is accessible to a broad audience--not just business or finance professionals. Part of that mission is the magazine's "Ask Dr. Dollar" column. Written by UMass-Boston economist and D&S founder Arthur MacEwan, "Ask Dr. Dollar" answers reader questions about current economic issues.
Readers have asked, in the last year, such questions as:
- whether environmental regulations destroy jobs;
- why the U.S. economy has shifted so much from production to financial speculation;
- whether a rise in the minimum wage would cause higher inflation;
- whether there is more economic inequality in the world now than in the past; and
- why oil prices have been falling in recent months.
D&S and Arthur would like for the "Ask Dr. Dollar" column for the special issue to focus on an question from a Farm Aid supporter. If there is something on your mind that you would like answered, let us know! Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment here.
Arthur is waiting for your question!