The mission of the fund is to address the difficulty that some New England farmers have in obtaining credit for projects that improve their operations and increase their income, as well as for emergency needs.
Applicants must live in Massachusetts or Vermont and pre-qualify.
- Farms with 250 or fewer acres in active production
- Annual gross revenue of $250,000 or less
- Primary focus on farms that use sustainable or organic methods (or are moving toward them)
- Marketing at least a portion of their products to local markets.
- Acceptable purposes for the loans are: capital investments and other expenses that help improve efficiency or quality, or that expand production and sales; repairs necessary to maintain farm operations; short-term operating needs such as inventory, supplies, or labor; and emergency funds to deal with business interruptions due to fire, natural disasters, or other unforeseeable events.
For more information, please click here or contact Dorothy Suput at 617-666-9637 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.