- Family dairy farmers need our help. Take a few minutes to send an email to the USDA telling them dairy farmers need a fair price paid for their milk. We already wrote a letter for you, but you can edit it or add your own thoughts.
- A new hybrid tomato plant is coming out — it raises yields by 60% and should make for tastier tomatoes.
- One of the challenges for family farmers to get their meat out locally: a lack of slaughterhouses.
- Here's a cool video at CNN showing how a family's organic farm raising chickens and eggs was saved by its community.
- Congress missed last week's deadline, but minority farmer groups are still seeking compensation for years of discrimination they faced.
- Here's a brief look at what's wrong with the dairy pricing system causing problem for dairy farmers around the country.
- "Sustainable urban farming ideas that think inside the box"
- Ten Oklahoma poultry growers won $7.3 million lawsuit against Tyson, when they pressured them to expand their operations and then underpaid them
- "Mid-size dairies win consumers with less-processed milk" — different ways some farmers are making it work.
What news did you see out there? Please share in the comments.