- Very interesting story about Illinois farmers buying farmland back from banks after plans for development failed.
- A look at a new book, "The Town That Food Saved. Looks like a good read, written by a farmer about Hardwick, Vermont.
- Is the Northeast poised to become the breadbasket of America? Local and heirloom wheat gaining steam...
- A new site has been set up to connect retiring Midwest farmers with aspiring farmers to sustainably grow on their land. www.midwestfarmconnection.org
- Good New York Times profile of a Louisiana rice farmer who went organic and is thriving by selling rice locally.
- A new report is being released that alleges genetically-engineered corn seeds are to blame for the rise of a new plant pest in the Midwest.
- A retired New York dairy farmer wrote an op-ed in The Buffalo News showing the frustration farmers feel from the government's inability to help deal with the dairy crisis.
- Article from Fresno, California asking, "Are Central Valley farmers a dying breed?"
What news did you see out there? Please share in the comments.