- The big story this week is the first in a series of workshops put on by the Department of Justice and the Department of agriculture looking into antitrust issues and corporate concentration in agriculture. Now's your chance to weigh in - please take action through our site now.
- A New York Times op-ed about the threat of "superbugs" from over-use of antibiotics in agriculture.
- A fantastic little blog post from Austin, Texas about why folks who support farmers and eat their food are "local heroes" too!
- "Eat-onomics: The Ten Most Inspiring People in Sustainable Food" — some great people & cool ideas here.
- Mini-goats kept as pets and for their milk in urban areas — is this a new trend?
- A dairy farmer talks about just wanting to earn an honest living.
- Here is lots of information for farmers and consumers alike on the organic pasture rules recently created, posted by the Northeast Organic Dairy Producers Alliance.
- A great article by the New York Times on the rapid rise of seed prices for farmers (corn seed prices up 135% since 2001, soy prices up 108%).
- Here's video from Thursday night's meeting before the DOJ/USDA workshop on Friday. It's farmers speaking about their views on corporate control of agriculture:
What news did you see out there? Please share in the comments.