- The USDA is scrapping its controversial plans for a NAIS (National Animal Identification System) program. (To learn more about the NAIS program, read the Wikipedia entry here.)
- "How Much Grass Must Be in Organic Milk?"
- An interesting video interview with a farmer that serves as an introduction to what biodynamic farming is.
- A very sad New York Times article on a recent dairy farmer’s suicide. "They lost money on every cow every day of every month last year."
- An article about the myriad of uses that a revolutionary new spray-on liquid glass may have. Lots of ways it may be used for food and farming!
- Lots of interesting stats from a USDA survey on organic farms. Did you know that most organic farmers sold locally, with 44% selling within 100 miles?
Friday, February 05, 2010
All week long, we post updates on what’s happening at Farm Aid and in the world of farms and food on Twitter. In case you missed some of those links, below are some notable stories we shared in the past week:
at 4:18 PM