Depending on which route you choose, you’ll visit urban farms in Roxbury and Dorchester, CSA (community supported agriculture) farms in the Blue Hills Reservation and surrounding communities, and Boston's oldest commercial farm. You’ll also get a chance to sample fresh, locally grown food, discover the benefits of local agriculture, and learn how you can actively support these efforts.
Boston Urban Farm Loop
- This 15-mile route covers Dorchester, Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, and Mattapan
- Farm stops include The Food Project, City Natives, ReVision Urban Farm, and the Minton Stables Community Garden
- 9 AM start at Franklin Park
- This 40-mile route covers Boston, Brookline, Watertown, Waltham, Newton, and Milton
- Farm stops include Allandale Farm, Waltham Fields Community Farm, Newton Community Farm, and Brookwood Community Farm
- 8 AM start at Franklin Park
- Please note that this is an advanced ride for experienced cyclists
Online pre-registration is required with a registration and insurance fee of $10. To register, please click here.
Farm Sites on the tours include:
- The Food Project
- Victory Program's ReVision Urban Farm
- Allandale Farm
- Brookwood Community Farm
- Newton Community Farm
- Waltham Fields Community Farm
Photo used under Creative Commons license courtesy of Scott Beale / Laughing Squid.